LOOKING TO HONE YOUR FUNNY?
TCPTCP provides classes for individuals interested in learning a new skill, trying out a new hobby, or pursuing comedy professionally!
Students can choose to study one track or all three! Each of the disciplines has 4 levels students can advance through as their interest and skills grow during each 8 week term.
Level One (De-Programming): Introductory classes perfect for the beginner to learn fundamentals.
Level Two (Software Update): Now that we’re all speaking the same language, students will explore and apply their skills with more in-depth games, scene work, or sketches.
Level Three (Diagnostics): Building off levels one and two, in level three, students will receive more individualized feedback from the instructor to help them strengthen their specific comedic style.
Level Four (Overclocking): Students work together as an ensemble to polish their work, developing their unique ‘voice’ and getting show-ready.
We believe that building skills in one of the areas – improvisation, acting or writing – directly impacts performance in the others. If you find comedy is a passion of yours, we recommend studying in multiple areas. Additionally, for those interested in applying for our TCP graduate program, The Burn-In, it is a requirement to have completed levels 1-4 of at least two of the areas of study.
18+ minimum age. High School and youth programming coming soon!
2019 TCPTCP DATES:
- Term One: March 6-April 28
- Term Two: May 8-June 30
- Term Three: July 10- September 1
- Term Four: September 11-November 3
TERM TWO DETAILS:
Improv and Comedy Acting – 2.5 hours/class
Sketch Writing Classes – 2 hours/class
Max Class Size: 15
Early registration price until April 30 is $175. That’s just $21.88 per class! $8.75 per hour! Less than the cost of 5 cups of coffee (depending on the coffee)! Don’t tell the robots.
Goes up to $200 on May 1.
Registration cutoff is Sunday, May 5th at 11:59pm
Swag Bag Contest! – When you register you will be entered into a random drawing for a TCP swag bag including a backpack, notebook, mug and pen!
- Improv 1: Wednesdays 7:00p-9:30p (May 8-June 26)
- Improv 1: Sundays 4:00p-6:30p (May 12-June 30)
- Improv 2: Wednesdays 7:00p-9:30p (May 8-June 26)
- Improv 2: Sundays 1:00p-3:30p (May 12-June 30)
- Sketch Writing 1: Sundays 1:00p-3:00p (May 12-June 30)
- Sketch Writing 2: Sundays 4:00p-6:00p (May 12-June 30)
- Comedy Acting 1: Wednesdays 7:00p-9:30p (May 8-June 26)
- Comedy Acting 2: Sundays 1:00p-3:30p (May 12-June 30)
- Burn-In: Sundays 4:00p-6:30p